Useful links Links will open in a new window
British Wheel of Yoga websites
BWY-accredited Teaching organisations
top of page
Links to local groups and local web sites
BWY Northern Region is not responsible for, nor endorses, the content of the web sites listed below. These sites have been suggested or recommended by individual BWY members.
- Darlington Yoga Group
- DYG arranges events most months at the Arts Centre in Darlington. The group also sells Mats and Blocks at very competitive prices.
- Paul Moore
- Paul Moore (Bear Paw)…raised in the traditional Native American Abenaki way of Dreaming and Visioning is here to share with you the “Ancient Way” of being able to turn a conscious thought into a reality. You can learn how to manifest your desires and wishes simply by a thought or through your own will. Paul now lives in Darlington.
- Complementary health Centre, Applied Kinesiology, Allergy Therapy, Chiropody, Aromatherapy, Spiritual Healing, Reflexology, Counselling and many more.
- Rumana Health
- Rumana Health is run by Rumana Zhan in Neasham Near Darlington
- Yoga Quests
- Events, Seminars, Weekends, Holidays, Tapes etc. from Philip Xerri Student of Dr. Swami Gitananda
- You and Me
- Yoga training materials for professional carers and parents working with learning difficulties/disabilities
- Pam Horton
- Pam’s personal web site with details of Foundation Courses, Distance Learning for Teacher Training, CD's and Tapes and Downloads suitable for class use including "Download of the Month"
- North Lakes Yoga Group
- What's On in the Yoga World in and around Cumbria
- Yoga Newcastle
- Trafitional Yoga and Thai Massage offered by David Atkinson
top of page
Other Yoga-related web sites
- Lendrick Lodge
- A place of Peace, Creativity and Wellbeing set in the Trossachs in Scotland. Dedicated Yoga Room and Meditation Room.
- Mandala Ashram
- Mandala has close ties with BWY and is a good choice to get a feel of Ashram life in the UK. Mandala Ashram magazine is downloadable from this site. this usually contains in depth articles on the deeper aspects of yoga.
- Omega Enterprises
- Yoga and Ayurveda Products, West Bromwich, Run by Suresh Rajpura. Prison Phoenix Trust The Prison Phoenix trust helps to provide yoga to those unfortunate to be in Prison.
- Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centres
- This is the official site of the International Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centres. It contains lots of yoga information, and gives details of all Sivananda Yoga activities an excellent site for all Diploma Course Students.
- Satchidananda Wholistic Trust
- The Satchidananda Wholistic Trust is run by Swami Satchidananda Ma. The web site gives full details of the Trust’s activities.
- What is Enlightenment
- A site that examines this question in great depth. Well worth a visit.
- Yoga Fonts
- This site allows you to Download an updated version of the Yoga Fonts that have been distributed widely in our region. This now contains 98 Yoga postures that can be used in Lesson Plans, Posters etc. free of charge.
- Yoga Village
- A Web site devoted to the practice of Yoga in the UK. It includes an on-line Yoga magazine.
- Holly Greenwell's personal website
top of page
Other sites of general interest
- A really useful site for teachers and other ‘organisers’. Lets you view and print out a calendar with Bank Holidays for virtually any year you wish.
- Health Creation
- This is the new web site for the seven-step Health Creation programme set up by the BWY Patron Dr. Rosie Daniel.
- Resurgence Magazine
- This is the web site for the Resurgence Magazine. Well worth a look!
- Positive News
- This is the site of the free newspaper Positive News. Not all news is bad!
- Vegetarian Society
- This site as you might expect gives complete information on vegetarian aspects, diet, reasons, recipes etc.